FOR THE WTM LATIN AMERICA RESPONSIBLE TOURISM AWARD
14 projects were selected for the final of the second edition of the Responsible Tourism Award, promoted by WTM Latin America.
The launch of the award took place in 2019. However, the first edition was held virtually last year. This year the event will be in April, in São Paulo.
It aims to discover, recognize and promote examples of good practices in the Latin American region Travel and Tourism market.
Far-reaching, it combines a wide range of initiatives. From child protection and community benefits to mitigating greenhouse gas emissions and reducing the use of single-use plastics.
Listed bellow in alphabetical order, all projects were developed in Latin America:
- Accor (France)
- Associação Movimento Mecenas da Vida (Brazil)
- Braziliando (Brazil)
- Diaspora.Black (Brazil)
- Eposak Foundation In (United States)
- Government of the State of Tamaulipas (Mexico)
- Green Initiative (Peru)
- Hotel Belmar (Costa Rica)
- Iberostar Group (Spain)
- Il Viaggio Travel (Costa Rica)
- Red Costarricense de Turismo Accesible (Costa Rica)
- Smartrip (Chile)
- Tui Care Foundation (Holland)
- Wilderness Patagonia (Argentina)
The 14 finalists are competing in these categories:
- The decarbonization of the travel and tourism sector
- Supporting employees and communities during the Pandemic
- Destinations that support a more sustainable, post-COVID reconstruction
- Increasing diversity in tourism: How inclusive is our industry?
- Reducing plastic waste in the environment.
Should you like to find out more about the Responsible Tourism Award, please click here.
Consider engaging your Travel Business into a New Level of Leadership and Competitiveness! Become Climate Positive, Climate Neutral and Climate Measured certified. Click here to learn how.